Manager, Mortgage Underwriting
6 days left
- Full Time
- Works with Team Manager and Assistant Manager for completing the monthly scorecards for Underwriters, the staff performance evaluations, and recommend content for training and development of Underwriters.
- Review training flashes prepared by the Underwriting Assistant Manager in regards to guideline changes, updates, systems enhancements, etc.
- Provides complete overview of the Underwriting quality trending on all Conforming, Conventional, Jumbo & Super Jumbo loans to meet GSE, Appendix Q & PenFed guidelines.
- Responsible for working with Lending Services to get approval from the Credit Risk Committee on changes related to product & underwriting guidelines. Update the Mortgage Origination Manuals related to Underwriting.
- Counsels and provides training and guidance to less experienced staff. Assists with cross training as needed.
- Validate & analyze reports that identify the responsible parties on findings reported by QC, QA, Loan Delivery, Post Closing, Credit Risk and/or Compliance. Communicates all trends for the responsible parties and any necessary follow ups to Director.
- Provide guidance on escalated underwriting loan scenarios and requirements. Works closely with Manager, Loan Delivery to ensure all saleable loans are meeting investor requirements.
- Participates with system testing and procedural improvements.
- Remain current on all mortgage related regulations and changes and keeps section staff informed.
Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
Minimum seven (7) years related work experience in mortgage lending with at least 3 years of underwriting experience.
Experience managing mortgage operations that involved customer interaction
Strong verbal and written communications skills required. Attention to detail required.
- MS office general knowledge required
This position will not supervise employees directly, but in directly.
There are no additional certifications required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.