Data Manager (Part-Time) - Department of Psychology
Georgetown University Early Learning Project (www.elp.georgetown.edu) focuses on children under 5 years of age because this is a time of rapid development in many domains. We are particularly interested in how children pick up information from multiple sources around them. For this reason we have a number of ongoing projects examining learning and memory, the role of bilingual exposure, parent-child interactions, and learning from media.
The Data Manager will join our newly funded CAFÉ consortium project examining media exposure during early childhood. S/he coordinates shared protocols across the CAFÉ consortium and completes regular data inspection across multiple platforms. The data manager assists with hypothesis testing, creates algorithms to analyze complex data streams, and coordinates with other PIs to ensure data sharing agreements and protocols are in place and followed. Working with other technology providers who have expertise in data integration, online survey collection, and passive sensing apps, the Data Manager has duties that include but are limited to:
- Partakes in administrative duties including preparation of data sharing protocols and implementation of those protocols.
- Develops algorithms to process complex data streams including collation and integration of time use data, survey data and app data.
- Inspects data in data integration site.
- Conducts hypothesis testing and data visualization in data integration site and additional statistical analysis using R, python and SPSS as needed.
- Participates in team meetings, answering logistical questions.
- Contacts and coordinates with other technology providers and PIs.
- Participates in team meetings and answers general questions from the team on a day-to-day basis.
- Bachelors of Science in computer science or related field from a 4-year college
- Prior data management experience working within a research setting or a commercial setting
- Expertise in data science and computer programming
- Ability to create algorithms to analyze complex data streams including data from questionnaires, time use diaries, and mobile phone apps
- Experience with statistical software (SPSS, R, and python) is preferred
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.