Donor Relations Concierge - Office of Advancement
7 days left
- Full Time
The Donor Relations Concierge in the Office of Gift Administration cultivates, stewards, and expands the relationships between the organization and its donors at all levels, by providing extraordinary service to donors and exceeding expectations in the areas of maintaining and managing donor information. S/he ensures philanthropic gifts are accepted, recorded, receipted and reported in a timely and accurate manner. Working closely with the Stewardship & Donor Compliance Manager and the other members of the Office in order to achieve success, The Donor Relations Concierge has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provides excellent and timely customer service to external customers who request information including recent and past donations and other donor records.
- Acts as a liaison and specialist to advancement personnel in order to provide cultivation and stewardship assistance to individual donors and prospects.
- Provides donor history and records to development executive staff and Board as requested.
- Assists in donor cultivation and stewardship events as needed.
- Matches gift donations, including communication to assigned gift officer and donor, ensuring accuracy in the database.
- Oversees all matching gift agencies associated with Georgetown University as the contact person.
- Supervises the Gift Entry Specialist - Special Gifts in all aspects of Matching Gift work.
- Reviews and implements gift processing data quality control parameters as well as works closely with gift processing team to creatively find ways to reduce processing errors.
Assist in the Management of the Office
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Gift Administration and Recording Secretary, and functions as the primary contact person on the Gift Administration side of the Office of Advancement.
- Assists in the managing of the Office of Gift Administration, which includes all gift processing, record maintenance, grant and gift data collection, processing of all stock and e-commerce activity, and data retrieval.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum five years of professional level related experience within an institution of higher education
- A solid background in Google email/calendar/documents, Microsoft Excel, and demonstrated writing
- Experience in donor relations in order to be able to articulate complex and nuanced information to donors and/or other constituents while exhibiting confidence, listening skills, and representing all aspect of the University in a positive light
- Ability to make sound decisions, exercise good judgment, and interact with a diverse constituency
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated capacity for increased responsibilities in administrative, analytical, financial and managerial experiences
- Ability to articulate verbally or written in a professional manner, and identify when assistance is needed
- Experience with Salesforce or database management preferred
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.