Gift Administration Analyst - Office of Advancement
The Gift Administration Analyst serves as a liaison with campus departments and demonstrates an understanding of the principles of financial operational and analysis reporting. S/he maintains a standard of accuracy, efficiency, and a significant level of confidentiality due to the sensitive donor/constituent client information relative to gift processing. Responsible for financial and accounting principles of gift processing and reporting to the Director, the Gift Administration Analyst has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the Office's GU360/AQ software resident specialist in support of Director.
- Attends GU360/AQ meetings and updates the Office on any changes.
- Serves on any committees related to GU360 developments in support of Director.
- Understands the role reports play in the GU360/AQ implementation and through future upgrades.
- Liaises with Records Team to understand impact to giving processes.
- Identifies and resolves errors in system integrations.
- Formats and uploads flat files for recording that are not part of the integrations.
- Liaises with departments that request uploads of gift data.
- Develops and creates meaningful reports from GU360/AQ.
- Develops ad hoc reporting in support of the Office of Advancement.
- Serves as a liaison to all departments for online giving events.
- Assists in developing online giving forms.
- Produces and acts on reports from events with online giving options.
- Serves as back to the Donor Line to assess and assist callers with the appropriate response.
- Works with Gift Entry Specialists to identify and correct errors and proposes a root cause for the corrections.
- Reviews and implements gift processing data quality control parameters.
- Works closely with gift processing team to creatively finds ways to reduce processing errors.
Complex Gift Review
- Records and reviews major gift entries.
- Reviews and interprets gift agreements to ensure accurate processing.
- Ensures accurate recording of stock and securities gifts.
- Works with Planned Giving office for incoming gifts.
- Works with Staff Accountant to reconcile gifts on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of three years professional level related experience, preferably with a University or other nonprofit organization
- Solid background in Google email/calendar/documents, Microsoft Excel, and demonstrated writing
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of standards related to gift administration such as CASE Standards, FASB Accounting rules, and IRS guidelines
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment with a diverse constituency
- Possess strong communication skills and a demonstrated capacity for increased responsibilities in administrative, analytical, financial and managerial experiences
- Experience with Salesforce is preferable
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.