Administrative Assistant III
Note: Some evening hours are required at this site.
Position is located at the Merrifield Community Services Board (CSB) Center providing records management, archiving, administrative and financial functions of this site. Researches automated database and clinical records for previous record, prepares records for archiving, uses data base for tracking and prepares documents for scanning. Answers a multi-line switchboard/phone, transfers calls and/or takes messages. Greets individuals at the front desk, collects fees for services and records electronically. Conducts face-to-face financial interviews for new and/or updated existing client's information. Maintains confidentiality and security of client information according to HIPPA regulations.
General Financial Duties
- Uses spreadsheets or databases to organize information and produce standard reports;
- Compiles and maintains monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual totals, reports, and financial statements;
- Explains fiscal rules and procedures to employees to ensure uniform application.
- Sets up accounts through corporate systems;
- Reconciles ledgers;
- Prepares status reports;
- Gathers data for use by others in preparing budget;
- Prepares transfer vouchers and interfund billing;
- Monitors external accounts for discrepancies.
- Prepares wide variety of accounting forms;
- Reconciles daily receipts or accounts receivable/payable;
- Identifies discrepancies and makes corrections;
- Collects required documents;
- Schedule appointments;
- Explains departmental policy/procedure but does not interpret them;
- Responds to inquiries that require referencing a variety of sources and utilizing
- knowledge of the department/county operations.
- Performs data entry with some knowledge of department/work unit/program;
- Manipulates screens for additional entries;
- Generates routine reports;
- Creates simple spreadsheets;
- Maintains databases.
- Compiles routine factual/numerical reports using readily available information.
Knowledge of standard rules and interpretations within own functional area and a working knowledge of established methods and procedures used in related areas;
Significant nonstandard skill/knowledge is required involving production of an end product such as a report.
- Basic skills in the use of Microsoft Word.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic skills in the use of applicable Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to write simple documents.
- Ability to process and integrate complex data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both external and internal contacts.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to high school graduation and two years of experience providing administrative support in the assigned functional area(s).
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Associate's degree. Knowledge and experience in the used of an electronic health records as it relates to the administrative functions of medical/behavioral health office. Experience with SAP or similar financial system. Experience in the use of Microsoft Office computer software, especially Excel and Word.
Ability to use personal computer, printer, calculator, fax and telephone. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Physical requirements can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.