Manager, Government Affairs and Science Policy
1 day left
- Full Time
The American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET), an international, scientific, non-profit organization, seeks a Manager, Government Affairs and Science Policy to work closely with ASPET leadership in developing, articulating, and implementing public policy positions on behalf of ASPET.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Identifying issues that may affect biomedical research and formulate responses in consultation with the Society leadership.
- Identifying advocacy opportunities and managing ongoing Society advocacy efforts.
- Developing Society responses such as position statements, comment letters, and testimony in consultation with Committee members, ASPET leadership, and staff.
- Identifying emerging issues and develop ASPET positions on legislation, regulation, or other activities that may affect research funding or other topics relevant to pharmacology research and ASPET.
- Writing articles, updates, and other materials for dissemination via email, monthly ASPET Newsbrief, The Pharmacologist, the website, Twitter, and Facebook.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate comfort in working with large, diverse groups in highly visible nonprofit, for profit, and/or government environments.
- Possess a collaborative work style and consensus building skills.
- Balance between independence/self-starter and a team player.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and superiors.
- Deal tactfully and diplomatically with members.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Communicate scientific information to non-scientists.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in non-profit advocacy and government affairs including biomedical research policy, writing, and a demonstrated understanding of the legislative process.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
To view a complete job description and to apply, please visit our website at:
You must send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume.
For more information about ASPET, please visit: www.aspet.org