- Full Time
Performs clerical and manual tasks to maintain an inventory of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment.
1. Performs clerical and manual duties in material areas such as receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering materials, parts, supplies, and equipment.
2. Maintains established inventory levels by regularly checking shelves and preparing purchase orders.
3. Stocks vendor deliveries in warehouse or supply room and checks that deliveries conform to purchase orders as to quality and quantity.
4. Maintains a clean, organized warehouse or supply room.
5. Maintains a supply management database, and generates various reports as assigned.
6. Prepares and maintains related documentation.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Supply Technicians.
8. Utilizes small hand tools, scales, and may operate material handling equipment such as fork lifts, pallet handlers, and hand trucks.
9. Uses online resources as needed for parts/equipment technical research, data updates, and related communications.
10. Recommends process improvements.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
General Summary: Assest Management position requiring knowledge, experience and a general knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Perform receiving and shipping tasks to include verifying incoming deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and serviceable condition
- Perform routine warehouse tasks such as stocking, picking, shipping, and issuing equipment and material for deployment throughout the agency
- Prepare equipment for ground and air transport
- Perform physical tasks to include lifting up to 70 pounds and using basic hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, and wrenches
- Operate basic material handling equipment such as pallet trucks, and manual lifts in a warehouse environment
- Climb and work from up to 12 foot ladders
- Use desktop and portable computers to track and manage inventory records with exceptional accuracy
- Perform general housekeeping tasks to ensure a safe work environment
- Comply with all OSHA and agency safety guidelines when performing duties
- Work with minimum supervision and adapt to constant changing priorities
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
3-5 years of related inventory management experience.
*At least 1 year of experience in a warehouse environment
*Valid driver's license
*Basic knowledge of MS office suite
*Experience with inventory management software is a plus
*Heated and air conditioned warehouse
*Minimum exposure to outside elements
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.