- Full Time
A Communications Specialist is needed to support the Communications and Training Team and will work closely with the Sr. Communications and Training Manager to achieve several specific goals:
Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or a related discipline
5-8 years of experience providing communications services
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic skills necessary to understand and tailor communications accordingly.
- Must demonstrate success and comfort in working with a diverse workforce, working alongside technical professionals in various levels of expertise.
- Outstanding time management - work within accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively in a team environment with colleagues from a variety of departments and leadership levels
- Participates in special projects as required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Training / Instructor Experience: Ability to prepare and create and edit training documentation for the agency workforce, including user's manuals, training materials, quick reference guides, and specialized instructions.
- Experience on a program that provides infrastructure services including compute, storage, database, transport, enterprise management, and/or desktop services
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of NGA and its Mission Partners, or within the Department of Defense
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop,etc.) Multi-media experience is a plus.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #CJPOST #DPOST