Diagnostic Prescriptive Teacher - Special Education - Emotional Disabilities
2 days left
- Full Time
The Foundation Schools is a special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges. The Foundation Schools is accepting resumes for Diagnostic Prescriptive Teacher candidates for the 2017-2018 school year to work in our Largo High School.
For over 40 years, The Foundation Schools’ mix of academic support and therapeutic services has given our students a chance to reach their full potential. The Foundation Schools is currently approved by the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia to provide services to students who have not been successful in their home school’s environment. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg and Largo, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12.
Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package including tuition assistance and a generous retirement package. Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information.
Diagnostic Prescriptive Teachers at The Foundation Schools:
- implement the testing and assessment program
- formulate and recommend educational objectives and prescriptive methods and strategies for students
- coordinate state mandated assessment programs as well as formal and informal educational screening and achievement tests as needed
- work with the Education Director and the IEP Compliance Coordinator to develop and implement appropriate IEPs for students
- work with the Education Director to ensure that all classroom teachers implement the principles and procedures of Mastery Learning with skill and confidence
Diagnostic Prescriptive Teacher requirements:
- a minimum of a Master's Degree in Education, Special Education, or a related field
- appropriate courses in testing and assessment
- three to five years of successful teaching experience working with students with emotional and other disabilities in a special education setting
- experience specific to testing and assessment of students
- Maryland Professional certification in Special Education or immediate eligibility for Special Education certification required
- demonstrated knowledge of IDEA 2004 and its specific applications to educating students with emotional disabilities and other disabilities
Apply for Diagnostic Prescriptive Teacher - Special Education - Emotional Disabilities
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly