Software and Data Analytical Engineer
Responsible for engineering software and applications focused on media exploitation from voice, video and data communications systems and networks. Familiar with creating platforms and writing data analysis and visualization applications. Familiarity and experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. Responsible for evaluating, implementing and integrating new software and hardware into the environment. Responsible for planning and implementing software system upgrades, updates and patches.
Experience with Oracle, Oracle Directory Enterprise Edit, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle DBA, LINUX/Unix, Windows Server, Windows 7/Vista/XP, SCCM, SCOM, SharePoint, Red Hat Administration, Microsoft Exchange, PowerShell, Scripting, VMWare, Citrix, CSS, Java, Ruby on Rails. Familiarity with WAN firewalls and network devices (implementing and securing)
Additional Areas of expertise: Data preparation; data modeling and analytics; technical targeting and analysis, tactical operational tools.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.