HRIS Workday Specialist
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks an HRIS Workday Specialist to perform a variety of routine and complex duties under minimal supervision in order to maintain timely, accurate HR system data and records. Produce and analyze reports and metrics, and assists employees with HR system operations.
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS modules, upgrades and patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintain HRIS tables and document processes and results.
- Provide support for the HRIS, including researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Process paperwork pertaining to new hires, terminations, salary changes, and other types of personnel actions and record changes. This includes entering and validating data on new hires, terminations, salary changes, and other types of personnel actions and record changes, as well as maintaining all physical and electronic documentation files.
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Serve as a liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll).
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by performing audits, running queries, and analyzing data.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation. Train stakeholders on new processes/functionality and trains new system users.
- Assist and support Labor Relations in a confidential capacity on various assignments.
- Respond to internal requests for personnel information, internal requests to review employee files, and external requests for employment verification.
- Coordinate activities with others in the department, payroll, and other units.
- Utilize project management skills to assist with managing projects. May provide overall project management for specific HR initiatives or special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
5+ years of experience working with human resources information systems; 3+ years of experience with Workday; thorough knowledge of HR records policies, procedures, and operations; critical thinking and evaluation skills required to analyze reports, troubleshoot issues, and recommend solutions; ability to use a consultative approach with HR peers and stakeholders; displays business acumen to understand business challenges and recommend solutions; attention to detail and accuracy; ability to use HRIS and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required; good oral and written communications skills; ability to maintain confidentiality of documents and information required; ability to work effectively under general supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures; project management skills preferred; strong Excel skills required. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience; education may be considered in lieu of experience.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.