Senior Marketing Manager
Working in concert with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Solutions Sales and Solutions Product Development teams, the Sr. Marketing Manager develops thoughtful and targeted healthcare IT (HIT) marketing communications and promotional strategies for all CAQH products and services. Develops and executes creative and actionable marketing tactics, including automated marketing campaigns, and writes engaging content that influence CAQH customers, clients and supporters and provide refined leads to the Sales team.
Research and Analysis
- Acquires extensive knowledge of all CAQH Solutions to understand healthcare industry use cases and functionality, industry challenges that the Solution addresses and product benefits to potential clients. Develops market research projects to drive customer segmentation efforts to define the needs of potential customers and determine effective strategies for increasing market penetration.
Marketing Plan Development
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Develops and executes targeted, detailed marketing plans for all CAQH Solutions (products) that are based on a strong understanding of strategic marketing principles. Creates detailed timelines and work plans for all marketing projects, considering the dependencies on, and needs of, other teams such as Product, Sales and Operations.
Content Development and Writing
- Uses customer research and input from each Solution Work Group to create effective and compelling product positioning and messages. Defines and develops clear, concise and compelling HIT B2B marketing content, including collateral materials, sales presentations, advertising copy, webinars, videos, website and promotional campaigns. Obtains client testimonials for CAQH products and initiatives; identifies client success stories and create appropriate case studies and collateral.
Tactical Execution and Evaluation
- Develops and executes effective B2B HIT automated marketing campaigns to engage potential clients, utilizing both Pardot and Salesforce CRM system. Conducts advertising needs assessment, determines advertising mediums and channels, tracks and analyzes results for impact and ROI of each marketing automation campaign.
- Participates in the cross-departmental CAQH conference team to evaluate potential opportunities to ensure CAQH is featured at relevant conferences and trade shows. Develops tradeshow displays, collateral marketing materials, promotional campaigns and visual aids to promote greater understanding of CAQH solutions; identifies speaking opportunities and crafts proposals.
- Participates in the development, coordination and promotion of periodic (annual/biannual) CAQH conferences for external stakeholders, including working with the sales team and SMEs on topic/speaker selection and content development.
Marketing and Communications Team Coordination.
- Supports the Director of Marketing and Communications in reporting to Executive Team and the Board, annual plan and budget development and monthly accrual updates. Works the Sr. Communications Manager to ensure alignment with CAQH communications and to ensure clear and consistent messaging.
None at present. This role does have oversight of external vendors, agencies and consultants. Will work in collaboration with junior communications staff members to support outreach activities
- Manager-level experience of marketing health IT products to health plans and deep understanding of the HIT marketplace. Substantial experience in executing successful HIT marketing communications programs, including automated marketing campaigns.
- Strong strategic and theoretical understanding of marketing principles; experience in thoughtfully explaining marketing recommendations to internal audiences.
- Strong analytical capabilities to analyze target audience research, develop sound marketing strategies and measure results. Experience with creative execution using a variety of marketing tools and channels.
- Excellent writer of succinct, engaging, understandable prose that explains complex topics and reflects the prose style of the organization. Ability to adapt messages for different audiences and marketing/communications channels.
- Proven ability to work across groups and disciplines within an organization and coordinate inter-departmental teams for marketing activities.
- Ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive, independent self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities.
- Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- Comfortable speaking in groups and delivering presentations.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365) and strong PowerPoint skills.
Eight or more years of B2B marketing experience in healthcare IT with a focus on health plans
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred in marketing or business
- None required, but certification in Pragmatic Marketing preferred.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- COB Smart™ quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView™ (formerly Universal Provider Database®) eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing federally mandated operating rules.
- CAQH Index™ benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.