- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.Tier 2 remote Sys Admin support for customers across the Enterprise. Required Skills:Active Directory account managementData migrations DFS\DFSR knowledgeWindows 7 troubleshooting and OS deploymentApplication troubleshooting- Outlook; Word; Excel; Java; IE etc Service DeskMicrosoft Office 2010/2016 supportProfile rebuildsPermissions requestSecurity group creation and managementCitrix VDI support
Record and classify received Incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possibleAssign unresolved Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 Support GroupLog all Incident/Service Request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codesKeep users informed about their Incidents’ status at agreed intervalsAssociate Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Changes, Problems, Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.)Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents and Service RequestsVerify resolution with users and resolve IncidentsEscalate Major Incidents to the Incident and/or Problem ManagerEscalate Incidents at risk of breaching Service Level Agreement to the Incident Process Coordinator.
Position will require after hours support for server patching rotation. Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, CompTIA Security+CE. As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. #CJPOST#DPOST#ZRpost
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.