- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
- Responsible for the installation; repair; configuration and preventative maintenance of cryptographic; voice; network equipment and VTC suites/or network computer equipment.
- Exhibits an understanding of engineering application configurations and integration with wide area networks.
- Answers internal inquiries and troubleshoots software and hardware failures either in person or on the phone.
- Performs hardware and software moves; adds; and changes.
- Ensures systems and related equipment are in working condition.
- Maintains records on repairs; downtime changes and updates.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT systems monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Must Possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. Must attain the required Dod 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within Six months of Hire Date. Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done at this site; must have TS/SCI clearance to be eligible.Must be willing and able to pass a polygraph if requested by the customer. #CJPOST#DPOST#ZRpost
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.