Management Analysis Officer
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
For additional information on DCIPS please click the following link http://dcips.defense.gov/
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
- Occasional Travel
- As mission requires
- PCS expenses will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
- This posn may be subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Prog
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Expert knowledge of manpower, personnel, planning and programming functions, operations, policies, procedures, and practices and the concepts and theories of the Air Force Cryptologic Enterprise.
Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
Click on the following link to view specialized experience for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Expert knowledge of manpower, personnel, planning and programming functions, operations, policies, procedures, and practices and the concepts and theories of the Air Force Cryptologic Enterprise.
2. In depth knowledge of National, Joint and Service guidance and direction for cryptologic operations to include ISR operations; this includes knowledge of Air Force operational missions and of the AF Service Cryptologic Component authorities, missions and roles as part of the overall Intelligence Community.
3. Knowledge of the Intelligence Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (IPPBE) cycle.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
2. This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security and public safety.
3. Position is required to perform frequent temporary duty travel (TDY) utilizing military and/or commercial transportation. Incumbent will occasionally be required to travel on temporary duty throughout the world including to remote locations with limited facilities. These temporary duty assignments could range from short duration to 179 days and longer. While every effort will be made to schedule these assignments well in advance of the travel, travel may be required with extremely limited notice. It is imperative incumbent have an unlimited ability to perform such travel.
4. Incumbent must successfully complete a Counter-Intelligence polygraph.
5. Mobility is a condition of employment. The employee must sign an Air Force wide mobility agreement.
6. Incumbent must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. While attending meetings and conducting required coordination with national-level counterparts, incumbent will frequently be required to travel, by vehicle, throughout the metropolitan Washington DC area.
7. Overtime may be required as workload demands and in some cases with no-notice due to urgency of time-sensitive matters.
8. An advanced intelligence-related or business management degree is highly desirable.
This is a GG-15 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-15 duties for the "Supervision/Management" work category are at the "Expert" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-15 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***Salary Ranges shown do not include local market supplement ***
The organizational location of this position is: 25th Air Force, Fort Meade MD
Open to the Public
- As the Deputy Director of Manpower, Personnel, Plans and Programs of the Air Force Cryptologic Office: plans, organizes, and manages the activities of the division with the director, and serves as a key advisor to the AF SCC/CC on all Consolidated Cryptologic Program (CCP) issues.
- Provide management advice to the Director A1/5/8, in AF Consolidated Cryptologic Program resource planning, allocation and control with liaison efforts with HQ USAF program element monitors and the HQ USAF/A2R manpower resource controller to assure accurate and equitable allocation of resources across the AF Cryptologic Enterprise.
- Participates in special projects and initiatives and performs special assignments.
- Supervises the staff of the manpower and organization section.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.