Director of Admissions, Master of Science in Foreign Services (MSFS) Program - Walsh School of Fore
Director of Admissions, Master of Science in Foreign Services (MSFS) Program - Walsh School of Foreign Service
The Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service (SFS), founded in 1919, is a premier school of international affairs. At Georgetown's Washington, D.C., and Qatar campuses, SFS provides a rigorous education grounded in both theory and practice while instilling the Jesuit values of service
The Director of Admissions is responsible for all matters pertaining to recruitment, admissions, scholarship, advertising, and as needed, special events for the program. The Director develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive recruitment and communications plan designed to attract and retain an academically talented and diverse student body from the U.S. and overseas; and manages and oversees application processes, which includes updating application materials, reviewing applications, supervising the admissions committee, and determining all final admissions decisions. Reporting directly to the MSFS Program Director, the Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Conducts and implements all admissions related matters and overseeing the admissions team during all processes.
- Develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive recruitment plan, which includes travel planning, events management, prospective list generation, advertising of the program, communication with prospective students and applicants, and yielding admitted students.
- Coordinates joint degree recruiting and admissions decisions with other GU departments and schools.
- Manages and oversees application processing, identifies admissions committee members, supervises the committee, reviews all applications, and determines all final admissions decisions.
- Coordinates yield of the admitted students, to include communication with those that accept as well as keeping track of waitlisted applicants in order to reach enrollment targets.
- Supervises Associate Director of Admissions.
- Advises the Director, MSFS Advisory Board, and Deans on MSFS admissions issues and provides updated statistical data for committee reports.
- Oversees coordination of yearly on-campus recruitment events, including the annual Open House and other events for prospective and admitted students.
- Liaises with other university offices as needed throughout the year.
- Designs and implements an annual marketing strategy through recruitment and advertising that heightens MSFS visibility amongst its competitors, promotes MSFS, and provides a positive impression of Georgetown.
- Oversees updating and preparation of recruitment materials and advertising, and manages the Admissions section of the MSFS website.
Scholarship Award Management
- Oversees scholarship procedures, including the awarding of merit-based scholarships for 1st and 2nd year students and special scholarships given to the program.
- Coordinates scholarship awards with the Graduate School and keeps statistical data on scholarship awardees.
- Master's degree
- 5 years of progressively responsible admissions experience in higher education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with international education systems, knowledge of MS Office applications, and admissions software including ApplyYourself, Banner, and Cognos
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Preference for knowledge of international affairs and/or one or more foreign languages
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.