Assistant Director, Military and Veteran Recruitment
Assistant Director, Military and Veteran Student Recruitment
Office of Strategic Enrollment Mangement
Regular, Exempt, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assistant Director of Military and Veteran Student Recruitment in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management. The Assistant Director will be responsible for closely collaborating with the director to provide supervision to the MVR unit, which includes all aspects of student recruitment for military and veteran students from inquiry to enrollment. The Assistant Director is also responsible for developing and implementing new student recruitment campaigns to ensure that UMUC meets or exceeds military and veteran student enrollment goals, while analyzing and utilizing data to strategically plan for desired outcomes. Other areas of responsibility include training, quality assurance, performance management, workforce management, and business process design and enforcement.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide leadership for the military and veteran student recruitment in the outreach efforts from the point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Lead a team of 10-12 advisors and manage the daily operations of the MVR unit to perform within the service level agreements set by department leadership, conducting workforce management activities and reporting on metrics on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Provide regular phone and email evaluations with personalized coaching to ensure that quality assurance standards are met.
- Assist with the development of business processes and forge relationships with internal partners to provide a world-class experience for our potential military and veteran students.
- Leverage data analysis to develop enrollment optimization activities.
- Partner with other members of Strategic Enrollment Management, including Undergraduate and Graduate Student Recruitment leadership as well as Student Advising and Retention leadership to develop and lead MVR change management programs for new systems, business processes and policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while motivating and coaching others.
- Candidate must possess superior organizational and communication skills.
- In addition, the candidate must demonstrate strong understanding of management and leadership characteristics, providing staff development, and serving as the first point of contact for student escalations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MA/MS/MBA degree and at least two (2) years of successful management experience working with non-traditional students in a culturally diverse environment is preferred.
- A proven track record of leveraging data and metrics to meet or exceed enrollment/re-enrollment targets is desired.
- Previous work with military and veteran populations and knowledge in admissions, advising, enrollment management, and student CRM systems is highly desired.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.