Convention Strategy Manager (945-679)
The Convention Strategy Manager is a highly visible role responsible for leading the planning for USP Convention cycle. This includes developing engagement and training for Delegates and Observers at the convention, manage the 2020-2025 Resolutions process, and manage the content for the 2020 Convention Meeting. This person will work across USP to identify, shape and drive a variety of special projects preparing for the 2020 Convention Meeting and will plan, and lead the work for the implementation of activities and processes for the 2020-2025 convention cycle. Projects will be visible to the highest levels in the organization and involve working directly with senior leaders across multiple functions and programs in support of a variety of topics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops strategic engagement campaigns for enterprise wide activities.
- Works closely with stakeholders across business units as well as Convention Members to advance the Resolutions planning process for the 2020-2025 cycle and beyond.
- Provides thought leadership and creative insights to develop the engagement plan and training for Delegates and Observers for the 2020 Convention Meeting.
- Coordinates and develops the content, scripts, and presentations for the 2020 Convention Meeting with key internal stakeholders.
- Manages implementation of Convention Working Groups.
- Develops and leads Convention Membership engagement strategy.
- Assumes responsibility and ownership for other activities as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cultivate relationships, community, and engagement with entities of influence across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 8 years of relevant progressive work experience, preferably in communications field, with at least five years of committee management experience, and leading large and complex convention planning, delegations meetings.
- Demonstrated experience writing strategic communication planning and experience developing content
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects and teams
- Demonstrated experience working directly with C-level executives on high profile projects
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of scientists and non-scientists
- Ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders, while driving a project to completion
- Strong time management, project management skills (i.e. deadline management, follow-up mechanisms, overview instruments)
- Strong comfort in ambiguous situations, with ability to clarify project scope and define path forward
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Teamwork and leadership skills
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular