Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens
The Accounting Manager will assist on all general ledger accounting activities and help perform the month end close process with a strong focus on compliance with GAAP as well as non-profit and other regulatory policies. The individual we seek will be a hands-on practitioner, willing to roll up his/her sleeves and take direct personal action.
Specific areas of responsibility will include bank and general ledger reconciliations, accounting entries, monthly closings and related reporting, assisting the Director of Finance with annual budget preparation and monitoring, and cash receipts/disbursements approvals. In addition, you will work closely with the Director of Finance and other accounting team members to improve accounting processes, enhance financial reporting, establish controls, and implement best practices.
The ideal background would include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a regionally/nationally accredited college or university.
- A strong technical background in non-profit financial reporting.
- Strong financial analysis skills, with proven excellence in instituting
improvements in timeliness and quality of financial reporting and analysis of
general ledger accounts.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of internal controls.
- Significant general ledger and accounting system experience (MIP Fund
Accounting is a plus). Expert proficiency with manipulation and analysis of data
in Microsoft Excel is a must.
- The candidate must be able to communicate orally and in writing in English in a
highly effective manner.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a non-profit accounting operation.
We are a progressive, equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. Generous benefit and annual leave programs. So, come work “Where Fabulous Lives!” For prompt consideration, please send a cover letter (including your salary requirements) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Accounting Manager in the subject line.