Sr. Software Tester/Automation Tools with Poly
The team is looking for an experienced software tester with experience working in an Agile Development Environment. The tester should be able to work autonomously at times and collaborate with the balance of the development team as needed.
The Tester should be able to perform both automated and manual testing of newly developed web based software as well as regression testing on legacy software. The Tester will be responsible for documenting any bugs or deficiencies found during testing. The tester should be able follow existing test cases and create new test cases to support newly created software. A successful candidate will have some experience testing APIs and doing back end testing as well as demonstrated proficiency in UI testing.
The Tester should have experience with Accessibility Standards and Tools to ensure the software is compliant with the customer's accessibility standards. The tester will be responsible for performing accessibility testing, rating the applications and writing up the documentation to resolve any known issues.
Reviews and evaluates software products and systems to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards. Develops software/systems testing procedures and conducts tests - focusing on back end tester.
1. Reviews and evaluates software products and systems to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards.
2. Establishes software quality standards for life cycle, documentation, development methods, testing, and maintenance.
3. Develops and implements software/systems testing standards and procedures, and oversees testing.
4. Documents and analyzes test results, and makes recommendations to improve overall quality.
5. Oversees testing of purchased third-party software and/or services to ensure that company standards and end-user requirements are met.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Quality Assurance personnel, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
8. Oversees quality-related training.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
8-10 years of related quality assurance experience.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience and ability to write thorough test procedures
- Experience testing Linux applications
- Experience with back end testing
- Experience testing APIs
- Submitting request commands from the command line or using a tool
- Submitting thousands of records to an API and recording responses received
- Working with large collections of data sets
- On the job experience using Selenium
- Experience with JMeter
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with at least one of the following development languages: Java, Bash, Curl, XML
- Experience with a developer IDE such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience testing in AWS environment