Senior Director of Transition Management
The Senior Director, Transition Management reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for leading, guiding and managing all Transition-In and Transition Technical Coordination tasks, as well as Transition-Out Tasks.The Senior Director, Transition Management ensures a seamless “do no harm” transition of IT services and products within the Federal Agency’s IT Enterprise, coordinating with the Agency and other service providers to ensure there are clear roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders engaged in transition activities. The Transition Manager ensures that there are clear lines of communication and a well-defined transition schedule for all transitions.The Senior Director, Transition Management participates in Transition-related meetings and creates technical meeting artifacts, such as meeting minutes, agendas, presentation materials, and follow-on action items and generates ad hoc reports. He/She monitors the overall Transition schedule in order to identify potential schedule slippage and potential schedule opportunities. Maintains and updates established technical outcomes for transition efforts and ensures that those outcomes properly align with the objectives of the Federal Agency and its customers.Tracks, analyzes and reports transition technical metrics on a weekly basis, and proposes changes to metrics based on the results of the associated analysis. Also documents and monitors the status of all transition project tasks. Other duties include:
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all transition tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
- Directs program transition activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
- Assures quality of program transition products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Develops, reviews, and approves transition plans, schedules, and other program transition documents.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- A Bachelor's degree in an engineering, business or technical discipline
- Masters degree preferred
- Required Certifications: PMP, ITILv3
- 18 – 20 years experience transitioning and leading large-scale IT infrastructure projects in direct support of Federal IT programs.Significant hands-on experience transitioning and managing Enterprise IT Operations and Enterprise IT Infrastructure in a Federal Agency.Robust knowledge of and demonstrated hands-on success transitioning a Federal Agency large-scale IT Infrastructure Services/Operations Program ensuring the following:
- Successful and timely development of transition processes
- Successful and timely creation of transition procedures and plans including transition-in plan, communications plans, knowledge plans, risk management strategies, deliverable milestones.
- Successful coordination of hand-offs from incumbent contractor.
- Success meeting or exceeding all transition deliverable milestones.
- On-time deliveryTransition of staff, equipment, and infrastructure without incident or disruption to operations
- Successful development of a service delivery model that improved the end-user’s IT experience.Successful and timely standardization of policies into SOPs Effective and timely transfer of knowledge Effective IT Service ticket management strategy