Principal Network Engineer Secure Mobile
The candidate will support secure mobile services. In order to best support secure mobile services the candidate will be required to: - Acquire and configure Secure Mobile devices for voice-only communications. - Provision Secure Mobile devices to users. - Provide technical assistance to Secure Mobile device users. - Operate and maintain the CSfC Secure Mobile infrastructure. - Monitor the usage and security status of the entire end-to-end secure mobile capability. - Update IT components of the Secure Mobile service when new software versions or patches are tested and approved. - Replace IT components when they become obsolete or are removed from a list of approved CSfC components. -CSfC program and architect according to Mobile Access Capability Architectures. Build using approved components and configurations. - Provide classified VoIP at the TS/SCI level. Perform design, development, and integration activities to replace obsolete components (e.g., VPN concentrators, new end user devices such as smartphones, tablets) and incorporate new components or features by specific requirement (e.g., email, instant messaging, video, office applications, and secure data-at-rest) on an on-going basis. - Manage, provide advice, and troubleshoot the Remote Access infrastructure. Maintain the analog Communications Security (COMSEC) audio interoperability. - Support multi-agency, multi-device, multi-end user device, high quality SVTC and Classified Audio Bridge or operations, exercise and regular maintenance. Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.