Senior Curriculum Developer
7 days left
- Full Time
PenFed is hiring a Senior Curriculum Developer in Alexandria, VA, Omaha, NE or Eugene, OR . The primary purpose of this job is to design and publish in-house course outlines, web-based training modules, and communications to staff as well as the development of training materials for new products and services. Ensure department milestones are met and provide organizational support to the department.
- Design, develop and update physical and web based training materials, modules and resources.
- Design and develop educational curricula for training projects to include various instructional methods, techniques and multi-media.
- Attend all departmental project meetings, assess training impact, and formulate user training plans as needed.
- Interact with stakeholders and subject matter experts to establish overall curriculum development, learning objectives, training platforms, and ensure technical accuracy of instructional content.
- Establish learning development and improvement priorities with department leaders and learning facilitators and manage execution of training plans by departmental learning facilitators. Proactively communicate project status to all stakeholders, drive timelines and delivery milestones.
- Survey PenFed’s mortgage training needs, analyze information obtained and submit recommendations for changes to curriculum, web based content and classroom training programs.
- Monitor the Daily News; writes articles and training flashes. Provides updates as required.
- Serve as a classroom instructor on special projects, conversions, and mergers as needed.
- Maintain complete user knowledge of all PenFed information systems. Periodically perform in positions for which others are trained in order to maintain current knowledge of techniques and duties required.
- Ensure integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation plans.
- Develop appropriate training objectives and test methods.
- Define metrics by which to measure success of curriculums developed as well as efficacy of learning content and deployment methods for learning content.
- Create, update and maintain training manuals and materials for mortgage related systems and vendor products.
- Senior Curriculum Developer
- Reports to: Director, Mortgage Training Department Mortgages
- Mortgage Loan
- Originator (MLO) Yes Revision Date: August 2017
- Mentor and coach departmental learning facilitators to improve proficiencies with educational techniques and technologies. Support continuous improvement of learning content and delivery using innovative instructional methods and providing professional development opportunities.
- Design and develop instructional approaches and/or strategies to meet training requirements.
- Conduct analysis of training and delivery method requirements.
- Assist staff with resolving or researching complex issues as they arise.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business or a related field is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ of experience in curriculum development is required.
- Experience within Mortgage industry preferred.
- Experience with Mortgage Origination and Servicing Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows-based software packages including MS-Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- Web-based authoring or design skills/coursework is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
This position will not supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.