Senior Programmer Analyst
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Performs ETL, data analysis, complex programming in PL/SQL, SQL, ASP.Net and other tools, encompassing all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle for new and existing applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Performs detailed analysis and refining of system requirements.
2. Designs, builds, tests and maintains complex .Net web based applications.
3. Designs and maintains ETL data transformations of important data between COTS applications and vendors.
4. Meets with Systems Analyst and clients to determine program requirements for complex business needs.
5. Designs and maintains user interfaces, output media, database and applications architecture.
6. Translates system requirements into application software.
7. Writes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains complex program code in source repository.
8. Prepares data and conducts testing to assure software and system quality and functionality.
9. Investigates the causes of system operation malfunction and implements solution.
10. Keeps current on the latest trends in technology, including software, web development, and programming.
11. Assists the team lead and manager in the mentoring of junior staff members.
12. May serve as the team lead in the absence of the team lead.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science/information systems management or other related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must have experience developing interfaces between COTS applications.
· Must have business acumen to understand data problems in context.
· Must be able to verify and reconcile data for accuracy, consistency and quality.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Must be able to work independently and within a team and handle sensitive data professionally.
· Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and work within deadlines.
· Analytical approach to troubleshooting and solving issues.
· Ability to learn new concepts and tools and apply them to solutions.
· Experience with web-based systems using Asp.Net and considerable experience developing web-based systems.
· Experience implementing and supporting human resources and or payroll software preferred.
· Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, electronic and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and/or Power Point preferred).
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment.
· Ability to learn systems, methods and programs quickly.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and quality control.
Career Ladder Requirements
Eligibility for Consideration for Advancement to Grade D requires:
· Mastery of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Eight (8) years of programming experience including two years of experience in the job at the grade C level.
· Knowledge and experience utilizing the Systems Development Life Cycle.
· Completion of additional training or certification that may be recommended by supervisor.
· Expert programming in Oracle, Visual Basic, HTML, Active Server Pages, Crystal Reports, or Business Objects as determined by supervisor.
· Proven ability to independently program unit and system test solutions for tasks assigned.
· Understanding of the business processes supported.
· Consistent maintenance of an effective and orderly work environment.
· Consistent compliance with general office procedures such as standards contained in the AACPS Employee Handbook; demonstration of discretion and excellent customer service; regular and punctual attendance; and building dress code, including wearing AACPS ID badge.
· Achievement of identified goals as they relate to the needs of the district and as established by the supervisor.
· Performance evaluation rating of “Excellent” for the previous two (2) evaluations.
· Recommendation of supervisor.
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.