Develops and delivers educational programs and training materials for all Medical Records personnel. Orients new employees to Medical Records policies and procedures. Provides technical and procedural in-services to staff. Collects, analyzes, and prepares quality improvement data for Operations Manager. Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
Two-year college degree preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Minimum of two years' experience in a medical records or training environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- In-depth knowledge of hospital information systems.
- Experience teaching/training adults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding organizational skills a necessity.
- Strong computer skills. e.g. Microsoft Products
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and maintain alphabetical, numerical and terminal digit filing systems
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to deal with frequent interruptions, while still maintaining his/her professional demeanor.
- Ability to quickly problem solve, and to make accurate and appropriate decisions under pressure
- Visual/auditory acuity, manual dexterity.
Technical Responsibilities & Staff Development
Develop and deliver comprehensive educational programs and training materials for all Medical Records staff.
- Provide input on employees' progress to department Manager and the Director.
Design and deliver in-services as necessary in an effort to enhance user understanding of specific department policies as necessary.
- Create competencies for placement on HealthStream
Develop and present department orientation to all new hires.
- Review department policies regarding PTO, attendance, dress code, and staff meetings.
- Maintain proficiency in all computer applications used by Medical Records.
- Participate in system testing, as needed.
- Function as a resource for all applications operational in Medical Records.
- Instruct staff in minor troubleshooting techniques with regard to printers, and PCs.
- Keep all computer systems functioning, placing service calls promptly.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.