Senior Auditor Lead IT
(Please note that Amtrak OIG is not a federal agency; this is not a federal government position. Pay Plan/Series/Grade information is provided as a point of reference only.)
Join with the Inspector General to help make America's railroad operate more efficiently and effectively. We are seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference. By conducting or supporting independent, objective audits and investigations of the programs and operations of the National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak), you could directly contribute to our mission of providing independent, objective oversight of Amtrak's programs and operations; preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse; and providing Congress, Amtrak management, and Amtrak's Board of Directors with timely analysis about Amtrak's programs and operations. Join us as we continue to build a model OIG centered on independence, teamwork, diversity, work-life balance, and value-added oversight. Next stop…the Amtrak Office of Inspector General!
The Senior Auditor, Lead - Information Technology leads or assists the Audit Manager in leading a multidisciplinary team or teams conducting independent, objective, GAGAS compliant information technology performance, or financial audits of Amtrak programs and operations. These audits are of medium to high complexity and include assessments of the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of Amtrak programs and operations; adequacy of internal controls, compliance with laws, regulations, policies, contracts or grants. The incumbent is responsible for or assists the Audit Manager in audit design, data collection and analysis, message development and drafting segments of audit products that are technically complete and appropriately targeted to the audience. This includes assisting junior members of the team when necessary and serving as a technical expert for those less experienced members of the team.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel to conduct OIG Business.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- An advanced degree from an accredited university in Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Management
- Professional certification such as CIA, CGEIT or CPA.
- Familiarity with the accountability community (e.g., OIG, GAO).
- Familiarity with passenger rail operations and/or transportation operations.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills or prior supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience that included conducting information technology and performance audits/analyses of programs and operations.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to maintain composure in stressful situations and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Experience using Teammate or similar audit work paper management systems.
- Understanding and ability to apply GAGAS professional audit standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Economics or other field, or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
You will be eligible to participate in most Amtrak Benefits. Amtrak OIG is not a federal agency, and this is not a federal government position.
Veterans' preference, as codified in Title 5 of the U.S. Code, does not apply to this position. Amtrak OIG is not a federal agency, and this is not a federal government position. However, Amtrak OIG proudly supports and encourages U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
Amtrak OIG is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or other protected characteristic.
Pre-employment drug test required, as well as successfully passing a background investigation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on the information you provide in the Amtrak Careers Portal, your cover letter and resume. We will consider the quality and extent of your accomplishments, experience and education.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable