Education Leadership (Term Faculty)
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Instructional or Research Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Education Leadership (Term Faculty)
The George Mason University Education Leadership Program, within the College of Education and Human Development (www.cehd.gmu.edu/), is seeking to hire full- and/or part-time term instructional faculty with expertise in new and emerging models of school organization and experience with innovative approaches to school management. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Education Leadership Program, which has strong partnerships with 10 school districts that serve well over 25 percent of the student population in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is dedicated to graduating exceptionally well-prepared novice leaders. Mason, a Carnegie Research I institution, is the largest public university in Virginia with more than 35,000 students. Located in northern Virginia, Mason is an innovative, entrepreneurial, culturally diverse public university.
- Teaching graduate-level courses related to instructional leadership, organizational learning, school reform, education economics/finance, and/or the application of the social sciences to the critical challenges faced by education institutions;
- Contributing to the development and delivery of online courses;
- Completing essential service activities (such as those related to student assessment and accreditation); and
- Contributing to special initiatives designed to further the mission of the college in areas related to education leadership.
- Earned doctorate in education or a related field;
- Profile of demonstrated teaching excellence and professional service; and
- Practical experience in K-12 education leadership appropriate for the positions assignments.
- Teaching experience in online venues; and
- Experience mentoring doctoral students.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number F7346z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :