Experienced Human Resources Manager
Experienced and Dynamic Human Resources Manager
PHILLIPS Programs, winner of the Washington Post Non-Profit Management award, is the place to be! PHILLIPS Programs, a well-established private, non-profit organization serving children and adolescents with complex developmental needs and their families through special education day programs, career education programs and in-home and community based counseling services, is seeking a Human Resources Manager.
Working in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources and a dedicated administrative assistant, the manager will be critical to the success of the department and meeting PHILLIPS mission. The rewards of your efforts will be seen as you see our staff engaged in their work, dedicated to our mission and growing professionally.
The manager will be responsible for general human resources activities as well as hold office in all our program locations. The successful manager will be able to multi-task with energy and have excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
If you have proven generalist experience in human resources and ready to take the next step in your career while making a difference in the lives of children and families, this may be the opportunity you've been dreaming about.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or similar field, certification a plus
- Five years or more in a generalist or manager role
- HR experience in a nonprofit association preferred
- Experience in managing processes for 250+ staff preferred
- Experience in managing responsibilities and processes in multi-sites
- Experience with advising and consulting with staff of all levels
- Proficient experience in full cycle recruiting
Skills and Competencies:
- Good sense of humor a plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications and various HRIS systems
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and pass a background check
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel to different program locations in DC Metro area on a regular and as needed basis
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multitask while daily interacting with staff on HR related topics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
In return we offer a competitive salary (to mid 50's) and comprehensive benefit package to include 20 days’ vacation. Professional development money and opportunities are also included.
If you feel you are ready to dive in and immediately start advancing our mission, send your cover letter including salary requirements and resume with confidence to:
Mail: PHILLIPS Programs
7010 Braddock Rd.
Annandale, VA 22003
Check us out online at: www.phillipsprograms.org