Position: Multimedia Developer
Department: Office of Communications
Office of the Clerk
U.S. House of Representatives
Starting Salary: Up to $50,163.00
About the Office: The Office of the Clerk is a nonpartisan organization that supports the core legislative functions of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Clerk serves as the official record keeper of the House, disseminates information about the official business of the House, and preserves the institution’s art and history. The Office of Communications contributes to this mission by providing creative services and integrated strategic communications support to all divisions of the organization.
Position Description: The Office of Communications is seeking a well-rounded multimedia developer with experience creating original content for a variety of digital platforms. Responsibilities include
• Developing audiovisual presentations, eBooks, interactive PDFs, original photography, and video clips.
• Advising on technology, equipment, and best practices related to the design and production of multimedia products and developing guidelines and procedures used to ensure consistency and quality.
• Managing project files, digital assets, and equipment used to create, maintain, and store multimedia products.
The multimedia developer works within a small, cross-functional, and highly collaborative creative team. This position provides the opportunity to learn and apply other creative skills, such as research, writing, design, layout, and print production.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience: The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of multimedia audiovisual design practices and principles, photography and videography skills, strong research skills, and proficiency in written and oral communications. Other requirements include
• At least two years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• A strong interest in the legislative process and the history of the U.S. Congress.
• Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud suite including Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign, and Acrobat; and MS Office Suite.
• Strong time-management skills. Must have the ability to work independently, innovate, prioritize, and complete assignments under strict deadlines.
• Strong professional skills. Must have the ability to collaborate with coworkers and interface with clients.
Submission Process: Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples to:
Email address: email@example.com
Subject line: Multimedia Developer
Attention: Ms. Michelle Haynes
No telephone calls please.
Closing Date: September 17, 2017
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.