Scientist II- Immunology Research
7 days left
- Full Time
- The Contractor will conduct basic and applied research on current and emerging threats at BSL2, in support of the biodefense and infectious disease program for the Immunology Department of MTS at USAMRIID. The position requires work in the field of Immunology with a special emphasis on immune responses to biothreat agents. The contractor will directly perform experimental research and provide extensive research supports in a range of biochemical, immunological and standardization of assays towards therapeutics and vaccines development.
- Contractor will perform various functional assays for screening of small molecule library in drug discovery effort using cell based reporter assay, cytokine assay using Meso Scale Discovery’s (MSD) multi-array technology and characterize by various biochemical assays (Immunoprecipitation/Western blot) etc. The contractor will also participate in characterization of suitable lead compound potential for broad spectrum use against multiple bio-threat agents.
- Contractor will conduct research towards developing various assay methods and perform appropriate ELISA based assays for quantitation of IFN-β, RANTES and other assays for characterization of immune responses to evaluate the efficacy of the lead compounds in vitro and/or in vivo and in vaccinated subjects.
- The contractor will perform various assays on correlates of human immunity project for characterizing the innate and cellular immune response by analyzing innate immune signaling pathways to Burkholderia mallei and B. pseudomallei exposure and analyzing innate immune effector mechanisms including autophagy components such as p62 and NBR1 as potential host cell biomarker with exposure to Burkholderia spp.
- Contractor will maintain an orderly laboratory environment in compliance with regulations. Contractor will coordinate ordering of supplies to support research efforts with division staff. Contractor will assist in training new personnel including students and other technicians.
- Contractor shall communicate experimental data, laboratory or other work-related issues to the appropriate POC. Contractor shall communicate with vendors for technical support and troubleshooting laboratory equipment with assigned space.
- The Contractor will assist in the preparation of technical reports and standard operating procedures. The Contractor will write manuscripts and is expected to present research findings at one scientific conference per year. Contractor will present results in written and oral format publicly and internally.
- Contractor will prepare monthly Immunology Progress Report.