Child and Youth Program Assistant CY-01/02 (Fort Meade CYS Recruitment Fair)
Fort Meade Child and Youth Services (CYS) Recruitment Fair (September 20-25, 2017)
"Want to make an impact? Want to do work that matters? You can do that right her by becoming a role model and taking care of our military children and youth!
Make the difference! Be the difference! Join our Fort Meade CYS team and take care of the children of our Soldiers, Civilians, and their families as they take care of you!
Why do our employees love working for CYS? We invest in you! Our team will help you enhance your skills by providing annual on-the-job training, development opportunities, and much more! Not only are we making a difference but we offer a friendly and creative atmosphere, competitive pay, and great benefits. We are not just an employer, we are a community!
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO THE FOLLOWING:
DAY 1 (Wednesday, September 20): Presentation/Group Interviews
DAY 2 (Thursday, September 21): References Contacted
DAY 3 (Friday, September 22): Call Backs/Tentative Job Offers
DAY 4 (Monday, September 25): Pre-Employment (Selected applicants only)
Failure to attend DAY 1 of the Recruitment Fair will result in loss of consideration for this awesome career opportunity!
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. All required background checks of AR 215-3, Chapter 2, paragraph 2-13; must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
3. Successful completion of prescribed training (transition and/or annual) is required.
4. Completion and favorable results of fingerprints.
5. Completion of a physical examination and found medically cleared to perform the job duties by the Fort Meade Health Occupation Clinic.
NOTE: Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement. For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease.
- Satisfactory completion (no convictions of child abuse, molestation, neglect, or battering; or drug related offense) of Local and National Background Checks.
To see additional information about higher paying level qualifications (Skill CY-01 PD# 19890; Target CY-02 PD# 19891) please select the hyperlink(s) under the "Duties" section.
All qualified applicants will be referred based on minimum qualifications, however selections could occur for the highest level. (e.g. Target Level)
Please submit a copy of High School Diploma and/or GED, Official or Unofficial College Transcripts at time of application.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)