Help Desk Specialist
We're looking for a tech-savvy, customer service pro that is passionate about providing an amazing client experience. The Customer Support Specialist will join a good group that's a true team, whose members have fun (and are funny!), all while problem solving and providing first-rate customer care.
- You have two years of experience in a call center, help desk, or technology-based retail that has a HUGE focus on providing top-of-the-line customer service (Enterprise Holdings, Apple, Verizon Wireless, Best Buy or similar).
- Your educational background is in IT, meaning that you have an Associate's degree in Information Technology or related field. A Bachelor's Degree is a huge plus, and you may substitute 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- You are super tech-savvy, including familiarity with Mac and PC Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Industry experience is a big plus, which could include knowledge of E-Automate, RemoteTech, FM Audit, Xerox, Konica, Ricoh, Lexmark, HP, Sharp, Canon, or Panasonic.
We're TML, A Xerox Company. We help companies save money and time by improving how they print, scan, and manage files. Does that sound boring? Well, consider this: a gallon of printer ink costs the same as 387 gallons of gas, 318 cups of coffee from Starbucks, or 14 tickets to Disneyland. Our hardware and software does amazing things: did you know you can now scan a document, pick one of forty languages, and you'll get a printed, translated document in a matter of minutes? Companies need help using our products and services to manage their costs and their time, and you are a key member of the team that provides a great customer service experience for our clients.
We should also mention that we think we're a great place to work. But don't take our word for it: The Human Rights Campaign Foundation just named us a best place to work for the 15th year. We're one of only five companies the EPA has named a Corporate Leader. And The Ethisphere Institute has awarded us the designation as a World's Most Ethical Company for a decade--only fourteen other companies have that honor.
Here's what successful individuals do in the Customer Support Specialist Role:
- Provide SERIOUSLY GREAT customer service. We want to be incredibly clear on this--you have the ability to make or break the customer experience. When customers call in, it's because they have a problem, and they need to hear a friendly voice that provides competent solutions, takes ownership for fixing their issue, and gives them confidence that they are a priority. Again, it bears repeating: you must absolutely LOVE helping frustrated customers turn in to delighted clients. If you see customer calls as an OBLIGATION, this isn't the right role for you. If you see every call as an OPPORTUNITY to make a customer's day better, you'd be a great fit.
- Triage incoming calls, and resolve the client's issue via phone when possible, ideally about 25% of the time. If it's a 5-10 minute, easy fix, walk the customer through what to do to get them back up and running. More challenging issue? Take robust notes and ask great questions so our technicians arrive at the client site well-informed. Nothing is worse than having to repeat your problem to a second person, so make sure everyone is in the loop.
- Our customers rely on us to be able to help them at 8:00 a.m. on the dot, and know that we still have their back at 4:59 p.m. Know that dependability, punctuality, and reliability are HUGE. If you are a "5 minutes early is on time, and on time is late" person, we want to talk to you. If you're a "I got stuck in traffic again" person (c'mon, you know who you are!) you're not going to be successful in this position.
- Understand that this is a call-center environment, so there is a decent amount of sitting and typing. That said, we are a big believer in Wellness--we even have a comfy relaxation room for you to use during breaks, we subsidize your gym membership, and we offer financial incentives on health benefits for employees that complete a biometric screening and for non-smokers (including a free smoking cessation program if you want to quit). But from 8 a.m. - 5 a.m., you'll be sitting or standing while on a headset, and typing as needed.
- Realize that every day is an interview. This position can grow in to a Supervisor Role, or a Pre-Sales or Post-Sales Analyst. In fact, this position is vacant because one of our current team members is taking a new role as a technician. Others that have held this job have been promoted to analysts. There is a TON of room for growth for the right person that has a positive attitude, strong technical abilities, and is open to coaching.
Want to chat about your career goals and see if this is a good fit? Click apply, and if your resume proves that you have a MAJOR passion for customer service, as well as staying power (no job hoppers, please!), we'll be in touch to get the conversation started. In fact, we think you're on to something pretty great.