Scientist II- Biomarkers
The Contractor shall serve as a Principal Investigator and provide expertise in biomarker discovery, biomarker verification, sample collection, sample processing, team leading and study design. This includes, but is not limited to, verifying biomarker performance, establishing sample repository, leading core biomarker validation activities and developing novel sample processing procedures. These areas will be developed within Department and through collaborations both within and outside of USAMRIID to further the research portfolio of the Institute. Specific tasks include:
- Seek funding from DTRA and other funding agencies on behalf of the Government and USAMRIID to further the research portfolio of the Division and USAMRIID, submitting at least one proposal per year.
- Establish and coordinate extramural collaborations and contracts to augment the research program he or she directs. Amount of funding required per year will vary depending on current mission requirements and USAMRIID's available funding.
- Coordinate and collaborate with scientists within the Department, Division and the Institute to development of NGS diagnostics assays, and provide support for diagnostic gaps within the Institute and DOD portfolio.
- Perform technical literature searches.
- Generate protocols for assay design, assay validation, analysis of experimental data, and preparation of transition packages/technical reports.
- Execute experiments IAW applicable regulations under the authority of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and in compliance with GLP standards. Studies will occur in a BSL-2, BSL-3, and/or BSL-4 laboratory environments.
- Support generation of all associative documentation for supply and equipment acquisition as necessary to complete research objectives.
- Protocols and data generated will be presented at weekly meetings and Scientific Conferences (1-3 times per year).
- Prepare technical reports and manuscripts for publication, to include 1 first/last author or 2 secondary author manuscripts each year.
- CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required in support of the diagnostic mission and/or presentation of scientific research.
- Hold and maintain BPRP status IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations.
Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline.
Masters Degree preferred. PhD is highly desired.
5-8 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.