Sr Administrator, Systems w/Polygraph
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The Schedule is as follows:
Week 1 Thursday, Friday, Saturday 12 hours each day 5:30PM - 5:30AM
Week 2 Wednesday,Thursday, Friday, Saturday 12 hours each day 1 day will be 8 hour
- Provide Data Center access
- Vegas Application experience / System Monitoring
* Primary Customer point of contact for all related technical issues
* Responsible for supporting operating systems and agency network systems.
* Provide customer support service requiring broad technical troubleshooting skills.
* General duties include; collecting, logging and implementing customer requirements/work orders, installation of desktop (and some server) hardware and peripherals, problem troubleshooting and customer support service support on all issues and problems related to the network and related elements (i.e., Microsoft XP, Microsoft Office, Windows 7, Lotus Notes, etc.)Provides a total customer support service as a single point of contact for all issues relating to IT and IS services for a particular customer.
* Train users and answer questions.
* Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems, including requirements originating from a field location.
* Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
* Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
* Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
* Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
* Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
* Update and communicate with users about problem progress.
* Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
* Monitor events and perform corrective actions according to documentation.
* Escalate incident reports to required groups and monitor as defined in SLA
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.