Food Service Worker NA-01
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within a 50 mile radius of the National Capital Region. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located with Fort Myer Business Operations, Fort Myer Virginia
Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Myer, Virginia, and Fort McNair, Washington, DC. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area.
Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (JBM-HH) serves as the base support of operations for the Joint Force Headquarters-National Capitol Region and the U.S. Military District of Washington, Fort McNair, D.C. Fort Myer traces its origins to the Civil War and Fort McNair has been an Army post for more than 200 years. Henderson Hall provides barracks and support for Marines assigned to Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps as well as certain schools and agencies in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
This is a Nonappropriated Fund Flexible (Flex) position that does not include NAF Benefits nor guaranteed hours. Incumbents may be scheduled to work 0-40 hours per administrative week. Incumbent will be required to work weekends and holidays. May be required to work before and after work. This position works in a large, multi-roomed special events facility on multiple levels; facility is a customer driven program and exceptional customer service is the norm. Many special events are catered throughout the facility that requires setting up and breaking down of event areas. Multiple vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
This position will be assigned to one of the following activities but will be required to move between them on a regular basis; Fort Myer Patton Hall, Fort McNair All Ranks Club and Spates Community Club.
Please note:There is an initial cut off date of Friday, August 18, 2017 for the first referral to management and then cut off dates every Friday until closed.
Although the salary is being advertised as a range, most will begin at the lowest rate of pay unless prior NAF service warrants a higher pay setting.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Subject to satisfactory completion of physical
3. Subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j to include a NACI
4. Incumbent must be able to lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)