Research Associate, Center for Global Health Science and Security - Georgetown University Medical C
6 days left
- Full Time
Research Associate, Center for Global Health Science and Security - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University's Center for Global Health Science and Security conducts original research to help decision makers worldwide build sustainable capacities to prevent, detect, and respond to public health emergencies. The Center's multi-disciplinary team develops evidence for action, providing decision makers with the tools they need for sustainable capacity building to prevent, detect and respond to public health emergencies.
The Research Associate works as part of an interdisciplinary team on a project to characterize factors affecting the timeliness and quality of laboratory testing to support rapid disease detection and response in low and middle-income country settings. Working directly with faculty from the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, the Research Associate has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Prepares technical literature reviews and write summary analyses
- Conducts interviews with key informants using structured protocols.
- Contributes to development of quantitative and qualitative research protocols.
- Works with senior research staff to apply analytical tools and techniques to the performance of laboratory and disease surveillance systems.
- Organizes and analyze data sets using appropriate methods and software tools.
- Responds to analytical inquiries from senior research personnel.
- Assists in developing research reports and project summaries (including charts, tables, maps, and graphs).
- Assembles and formats data for presentation to internal and external audiences.
- Participates in national and international meetings.
- Organizes site visits and focus groups in coordination with international partners.
- Provides administrative, communications, and logistical support to senior research personnel.
- Makes international travel arrangements and file expense reports.
- Assists in day-to-day project operations.
- Maintains electronic files and databases on relevant topics.
- MS in microbiology or other field in the biological sciences
- Exceptional analytical, and written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, identify obstacles, and troubleshoot problems
- Willingness and availability for frequent international travel
- Experience working with international technical partners or in international setting
- Microbiology and/or clinical laboratory experience
- Proficiency in data management, statistical analysis, and related software programs
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.