Lead Climate Change Campaign
LEAD CLIMATE CHANGE CAMPAIGN
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Through its Climate Change Strategy, CI is launching a campaign to promote awareness and recognition of the full potential of nature as a climate solution. The Lead, Climate Change Campaign will design, coordinate, and execute the campaign within CI’s Climate Strategy, which is managed by the Climate Team in the Global Strategy Group. S/he will serve as the overall point of contact for the campaign, be responsible for guiding its development, proactively pursue partnerships, convene working groups and engagements to deliver action and impact through the campaign, and create processes to track progress.
The success of the Lead, Climate Change Campaign requires knowledge and experience on climate change, as well as strong experience and relationships with peer organizations and potential partners. S/he will develop a workplan for the campaign, create and execute an outreach strategy, prepare background analyses, establish targets, organize partners to meet commitments/targets as appropriate, track progress, advance key partnerships, and guide the development of a communications strategy in close collaboration with CI’s Communications Team.
The Lead, Climate Change Campaign, will work closely with all members of the Climate Team and relevant CI divisions (HQ and field). S/he will report to the Climate Change Lead, Global Strategy Group.
- Design and execute an external climate change campaign.
- Develop and implement a detailed vision and work plan for the campaign, identifying key milestones, engagement opportunities, and partner engagement strategy.
- Contribute to institutional thought leadership on climate change issues, including through relevant analysis and research contributing to the campaign.
- Represent and serve as overall point person for the campaign.
- Manage and track progress toward achieving targets.
- Oversee, guide, and direct the evolution of the campaign’s priorities and activities, as appropriate.
- Organize events and meetings collaboratively with partners to advance progress towards meeting the targets of the campaign.
- Attend relevant external events on behalf of CI.
- Create a process to measure and report on progress towards achieving targets of the campaign, both internally and externally.
- Guide the development of communications products that describe the campaign and intended or achieved results Internal communications on the campaign.
- Participate in Climate Change Core Team and other divisional or regional team meetings (as appropriate) to advance internal awareness and buy-in of the campaign.
- Raise internal awareness of the campaign through webinars, CI-Connect, brown-bags, and other platforms as appropriate.
- Train staff on the climate messages and engagement in the campaign Fundraising: Contribute to the Climate Team’s fundraising efforts to support the full implementation of the Climate Change Strategy.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The position is based in Arlington VA.
- Travel time up to 20%.
- Graduate degree in environmental sciences, ecology, climate change, policy, public relations, communications, or similar.
- At least 6-7 years of experience on climate-related issues.
- Proficiency with both climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Excellent presentation, communications, and networking skills.
- Able to effectively work in a team across the full diversity of CI’s global organization.
- Experience convening a broad range of individuals.
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with multicultural, multidisciplinary teams to produce concrete results.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Fundraising experience.
- Able to travel.
- Experience in developing countries.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, French, and/or Portuguese.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "accommodation" in the subject line.