Scientist II - Flow Cytometry
- Provide oversight to three flow cytometers/cell sorters - ensure that these machines are functional to support technical staff.
- Independently operate and scheduled maintenance of the BD FACS Verse Cytometer, the Attune acoustic cytometer, BD FACS Arial III cell sorter and additional BD analyzers, (FacsCanto and FacCaliburs). Must evaluate and troubleshoot problems daily to keep equipment functional.
- Work in BSL-2, BSL-3 and BSL-4 laboratories to prepare samples and sorting of biohazardous infection material on a daily/weekly schedule.
- Assist with assay design and protocol development, data acquisition and analysis on as needed or monthly bases.
- As a Research Investigators and a Key Personnel working in a BSL-3 and BSL-4 laboratories. He/She must hold and maintain BPRP status IAW the provisions of the contract and applicable regulations.
- Prepare monthly Flow Cytometry Core Progress Report.
1. Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred. PhD desired.
5-8 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.