Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist is a self-proclaimed social media expert, extremely familiar with and active in social networking sites such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn and more. The Social Media Specialist will engage VIPdesk Connect further in Social Media with the core focus of improving B2B viral marketing and team member recruiting efforts.
This position is responsible for designing and executing all social media initiatives for VIPdesk Connect. The Social Media Specialist will write and post in the voice of VIPdesk Connect. Luxury brands are the company’s primary audience for B2B marketing efforts. Customer Service Reps (titled Brand Ambassadors) that work-at-home are the audience for recruiting efforts.
VIPdesk Connect and the Exec Team are experts in the following:
- How to improve and elevate the customer experience
- Building a great company culture
The Social Media Specialist will need to be on the cutting edge of social networking platforms—always knowing what is trending and current. This person will be the company “go to” source for information on the latest tools and techniques being leveraged in the business community today—and which are most relevant to our business.
The Social Media Specialist will increase the online social media presence for VIPdesk Connect. They will champion and represent the VIPdesk Connect brand online, engage in conversations with possible current/future team members and clients. In this important role, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for professionally representing the VIPdesk Connect brand and culture online. This position will not only be disseminating information about the company, but also developing relationships and serving as a passionate brand steward for VIPdesk. As such, this position will be dedicated 100% to relationship building and representation of the company—not just spreading the VIPdesk message.
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Design and manage social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other relevant Social Media sites
- Post in the company voice and in line with our audiences on social networking sites
- Work across departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed online and is relevant to organizational goals
- Support and protect the VIPdesk Connect brand and culture by ensuring positive messaging is maintained in community
- Establish consistency of message across multiple networks
- Monitor and track discussion topics for management team; leverage tracking tools as needed
- Prepare reports to update internal staff on usage, reach, tone and volume and other relevant Social Media statistics
- Support initiatives to help drive incoming new business development efforts
- College degree in liberal arts, journalism or new media preferred. HS Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of professional social media experience
- Must have command of Social Media protocols and best practices—especially as they relate to a corporate online presence
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using "social networking jargon" while still presenting the company in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Extreme attention to detail, outstanding organization skills, and high level of professionalism both online and offline
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas
- Online search expert able to track and monitor postings for VIPdesk Connect
- Interest in customer service as an industry
- Diligent work ethic
- Highly self-motivated, results-driven and able to work independently/work flexible hours
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background and employment reference security check
VIPdesk Connect is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V