Senior Systems Engineer/Architect
The engineering team will touch all the critical engineering projects from an expert perspective that are on-going in the Gov't Agency Engineering Division, and will regularly interface with senior government officials that are GS-15, SES and above. The role of Senior Desktop Engineer SME, Engineering Team will be focused on providing engineering insight, guidance and recommendations in the area of Desktop Engineering, and will also provide technical expertise to less senior engineers supporting projects in these areas, may support special projects or ASI's. This role will include hands-on engineering, including migrating customers (data, storage, accounts, desktop, etc.) from their IT environments, into our Enterprise IT environment.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical Training Requireddiscipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred. Experience 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Experience: Must have twelve or more years' directly related experience in all # of years)phases of systems engineering. Also requires advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in all phases of the engineering, application, and development of multiple operating systems; knowledge of or certification in specific applications or processes may be required, depending on job assignment.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Unique requirements: experience in Pentagon/DoD environment preferred, experience with OSD WHS or Pentagon customer also highly desired. Secret clearance required. Must be 8570 Compliant on day 1 (Security+ CE, CISSP, CASP, or like certification meeting security minimum requirement). This is a unique opportunity to join an Engineering Tiger Team being formed to provide the highest levels of expertise and top-engineering recommendations for current & future engineering efforts to this environment.
Required network skills:-foundational network skills. -knows the number of usable ips in a /24, /22, /26, etc-Knows basic routing principles and troubleshooting from Desktop/Servers-basic Windows Infrastructure knowledge since 95% of the environment is Windows
Desktop Engineering Required skills:-SCCM Experience-AD experience troubleshooting workstation/user policies-Strong Group Policy experience-ProfileUnity Experience-VMware Horizon View Experience-Group Policy Preferences experience
Must have excellent communication skills (oral and writing). Will interact with the gov't customer and senior government leadership leaders at the highest levels, must have experience and skills in this area.