Contract: INSCOM C2IOSystem: Network EngineerLocation: Fort Belvoir, VA GENERAL SUMMARY:
- GDIT is seeking candidates to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers operational readiness by integrating and maintaining Logistics and Business software.GDIT Network Engineer support to the INSCOM C2IO program, under general supervision, oversees the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment. Responsible for evaluating current systems. Assists in the planning of large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Requires thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications. Typically requires two to five years of experience.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.May perform network administration duties.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.Participates in special projects as required.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- CCNA or CCENT