Sr Telecommunications Technician
7 days left
- Full Time
Contract: INSCOM C2IOTitle: Sr Telecommunications Technician Location: Fort Belvoir, VA GENERAL SUMMARY: GDIT is seeking candidates to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers operational readiness by integrating and maintaining Logistics and Business software. GDIT Telecommunication Technicians will provide support to the INSCOM C2IO program, installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains telecommunications equipment. Provides reports, completes requests for new service, determines methodology for installing telephone service, determines appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications, call switches, test trunks, test links and installs communication circuits. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. Participates in special projects as required.
- Knowledge of the technologies, tools, and equipment used in telecommunications systems support.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- CCNA or CCENT