Principal Telecommunications Analyst
Contract: INSCOM C2IOTitle: Principal Telecommunications AnalystLocation: Fort Belvoir, VA GENERAL SUMMARY: GDIT is seeking candidates to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers operational readiness by integrating and maintaining Logistics and Business software. GDIT Principal Telecommunication Technicians will provide support to the INSCOM C2IO program, provides technical direction and analysis for telecommunication activities, including planning, designing, integrating, installing and maintaining large-scale telecommunications/ communications networks and services with computer systems. Applies telecommunications/communications engineering principles and theory to propose design and configuration alternatives. Analyzes network performance, usage and traffic flows, accesses and interfaces, transmission techniques, and protocols to interface with computer systems. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and wireless communications systems.Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.Manages installation of equipment.Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts and Technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.Participates in special projects as required
- Advanced knowledge of the technologies, tools, and equipment used in telecommunications systems support.Proficiency in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- CCNA or CCENT