Compensation and Workforce Analyst (Human Resources Analyst II)
Fairfax County's Department of Human Resources seeks an experienced Compensation and Workforce Analyst (Human Resources Analyst II) to provide analytical expertise and assistance with the design, administration and maintenance of the classification and compensation program. The select candidate will be responsible for conducting position reviews and analysis in accordance with the County's classification and compensation plan; participate in and/or conduct institutional, regional, and national salary surveys.Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to conduct research on compensation plans and make recommendations for improving effectiveness of existing programs;
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand;
- Ability to counsel and advise administrative staff in the interpretation of the County's compensation policies and procedures;
- Ability to write thorough and accurate position descriptions and evaluate positions in accordance with established system;
- Ability to recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and appropriately communicate the issue;
- Ability to compile, categorize, calculate, audit and verify human resources information and data;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work in fast-paced environment with interruptions;
- Ability to manage and meet timelines, multi-task and prioritize assignments, independently;
- Ability to solve programs involving many variables;
- Ability to analyze data utilizing a variety of techniques;
- Ability to exercise discretion and ensure a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, senior managers, elected officials, members of boards, authorities and commissions, citizens, and representatives from other organizations.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a bachelor's degree in personnel administration, public administration, or a related field plus two years of professional-level human resources experience.
- Two to five years of specialized compensation experience;
- Experience working with classification within a merit based system;
- Extensive experience conducting salary surveys, analyzing results and making sound recommendations based on collected research data;
- Experience working with senior level management and making compensation presentations/recommendations;
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Designation or in the process of obtaining.
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer, and periodically thereafter.
This position is generally sedentary in nature; however the essential job duties include walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching and bending; uses hands to grasp, handle, or feel; visual acuity is required to read data on a computer monitor; ability to operate keyboard driven equipment and computer; and, may require one to lift up to 15 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.