Senior Administrative Assistant, Investments (Maternity Cover)
Key results expected:
- Efficient day-to-day communications, investment analysis, data management, and logistics support for the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Investments team members;
- Ensure accurate and high quality internal and external communication with senior level executives (e.g. Board members, senior partners, portfolio managers, and strategists);
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive team efficiency in running multi-billion investment portfolios;
- Thrive in a team and a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships;
- Contribute to the overall efficient running of the Geneva and Washington DC offices.
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
- Prepares data and insightful exhibits for PowerPoint presentations for the Executive team, Investment Committee, other GAVI Alliance Board members and GAVI Alliance staff;
- Acts as primary contact to investment managers and custodian on portfolio transactions (e.g. sales, redemptions, funding new mandates ranging in size typically from $10 million to $150 million);
- Coordinate all letters of instruction to investment vendors and follows up on timely and accurate execution of transactions;
- Prepares fund subscription agreements, anti-money laundering documents, contract amendments, and other corporate disclosures;
- Prepares requests for proposals (RFPs) under guidance of CIO, documents key requirements, organises and summarises data. Coordinates process and corporate requirements with GAVI Procurement and Legal teams.
Investment analysis (30%)
- Reviews investment manager month-end and transactions fund statements (e.g., typically 20 to 30 statements per month), back office performance reports, custodian reports, and follows up on corrective action, if necessary;
- Review monthly investment performance reports prepared by third-party back office;
- Calculate monthly performance estimates and provide other data and insight for Chief Investment Officer’s monthly investment commentary;
- Retrieves and interprets Bloomberg data such as fixed income, equities and commodities indices, inflation data, gross domestic product, investment fund descriptions, etc.;
- Prepares data (e.g., performance, correlations) and identifies effective graphs and charts for use in internal and external presentations.
- Review Treasury’s monthly cash forecasts and monitor future incoming or outgoing transactions.
Data management (20%)
- Identifies team’s needs and customisation requirements for information technology (e.g., Salesforce, Nintex) platforms;
- Acts as the main point of contact between the Investments team and the IT Project Manager and has primary team responsibility in working group meetings;
- Attends training sessions and keeps the Investments team updated on relevant platform features;
- Stays current on Bloomberg functions and researches new features for team use;
- Reconciles Investment team budget data, identifies issues and follows up on corrective action with GAVI Finance team, if necessary.
- Coordinates the scheduling of performance and due diligence reviews with investment managers and ensures that appropriate presentation materials are made available to meeting participants in advance;
- Manages the procurement process for team, including new vendor set-up, and review and payment of vendor invoices;
- Prepares travel authorizations, expense reports;
- Updates the Investment team’s administrative manual as necessary.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in economics or international relations studies preferred.
- Preferred 3-4 years of work experience at an international private sector, non-profit or financial services organisation.
- Experience in interpreting data (economic and investment), as well as, using data for developing presentations to persuade an audience on a course of action.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adapt to a complex, fast-paced environment.
- In order of importance, advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excel competency should include an understanding of how to prepare data and applying Excel functions and formulas (e.g., lookup tables, statistical functions, financial functions).
- Must be mathematically inclined.
- Basic understanding of financial and investment concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to take technical information and to explain it to a non-technical audience.
- Professional demeanour: tact, discretion and judgment.
- Must be comfortable in taking initiative on projects.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- English is required. Fluency in French is an asset. Fluency in other languages also helpful.
- Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance Secretariat, especially Legal, Governance, Finance and Procurement teams.
- Gavi Board members
- Senior executives
- Portfolio managers
- Investment vendors
- Partner organisations
GAVI is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please visit our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on "Senior Administrative Assistant – Investments (maternity cover).” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.