Estate Administration Legal Assistant - Tysons, Virginia
Vaughan, Fincher & Sotelo is a boutique trust and estate law firm which is located in Tysons Virginia. Our law firm is searching for a full-time or part-time Estate Administration Legal Assistant, as defined below:
Dynamic self-starter sought for interesting and challenging law practice. The position participates as a team member in our Estate Administration group.
- Assist with all aspects of the administration of estates and trusts.
- Preparation of probate documents and miscellaneous court documents relating to probate court administration of trusts and estates.
- Communication (in-person, by telephone and in writing) with clients to obtain information required for probate and estate administration; communication with banks, businesses, insurance companies, brokerage firms, and others to collect asset information or information to collect assets and/or liquidate assets.
- Preparation and transmittal of all necessary papers to transfer securities.
- Preparation and filing of claims for insurance proceeds and death benefits.
- Preparation and filing of accounts in the probate court; preparation of trust annual reports.
- Preparation of federal and state estate tax returns.
- Opening and closing estate accounts.
- Other responsibilities as clients need dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in probate matters and a working knowledge of estate tax and fiduciary income tax programs preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, analytical and critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, plan and take the initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner.
- Client service skills and ability to manage projects and handle multiple competing priorities.
- Background and credit check required
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.