Administrative Assistant II (1140)
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1140
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant II
SALARY: Up to $44,100 (Commensurate w/experience)
Grade (5); Full-time; Non-exempt
SUPERVISOR: Director/Assistant Director
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
This position provides support and assistance to the Director/Assistant Director (D/AD), and staff of the Advocacy Team in all phases of team management. Reviews all paperwork requiring the D/AD’s approval, including reimbursement and check requests, itineraries, contracts, and other documents for accuracy and alerts D/AD to any discrepancies or problems. Prepares documents and materials related to team services. Reviews and edits a variety of team and association documents including study reports, magazine copy, conference materials, and project-specific publications. Performs other duties as assigned by the D/AD or requested by staff.
- Provides support and assistance to the Director/Assistant Director and staff in all phases of team management to include scheduling, correspondence, and meeting planning.
- Works collaboratively with team staff to support work on membership, communications, publicly and privately funded grants, and policy, as well as supporting other team projects such as implementing new business systems and the web site.
- Performs activities designed to maximize compliance with IACP accounting and auditing requirements; monitors schedule of deliverables and rate of grant expenditures.
- Reviews contracts, billings, and expenditure reimbursement requests for appropriateness and compliance with policy.
- Conducts research, gathers data, and provides reports.
- Responds to information inquiries and requests from IACP staff, association members, and the general public.
- Maintains team files.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of five years administrative and/or project support experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise good judgment, and make independent decisions
- Strong office automation skills.Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis software.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to type 60 WPM
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, professional manner, tact, diplomacy, and patience.
- Excellent financial analysis and budgeting skills. Experience with grant financial management preferred.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Occasional travel may be required
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by August 25, 2017.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=theiacp&jobId=207865&lang=en_US&source=CC3 -OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access