Laboratory Veterinary Technician II
- Conduct and support surgical procedure, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, appropriate animal housing, record keeping, insuring specific pathogen free techniques.
- Daily handling and restraint of various small and large animal species.
- Maintain traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, quality assurance procedures and record keeping.
- Conduct daily and weekly inspections or areas of contractor responsibility to ensure compliance with standards.
- Assist in preparation of purchase requests for animal procurement and coordination of shipping procedures.
- Assist in preparation of purchase requests and assist with maintenance of inventory of supplies.
- Coordinate animal research work activities between contractor Research Scientist, animal care staff, and research laboratory technicians.
- Provide additional functionality incidental to research activities.
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift that includes evenings and weekends.
- Associates Degree in a scientific or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a veterinarian technician.
- Experience with laboratory animals and/or emergency care is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment.
- Requires a flexible personality and great attention to detail.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.