Princ Administrator, Systems
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. 2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems. 3. Sets up administrator and service accounts. 4. Maintains system documentation 5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. 6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. 7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. 8. May program in an administrative language. 9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. 10. Provides advice and training to end-users. 11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities. 12. May serve as a technical team or task leader. 13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. 14. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications 8 - 10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. Experience with Microsoft Servers and Software is a must. Prefer individuals with Microsoft higher-level certifications (i.e., MCITP, MCSE, MCTS) as well as hands on experience with Microsoft Servers 2008R2 and 2012R2. Exchange Server 2010 experience Mandatory, with Exchange Server 2013 preferred/desired.
- Demonstrate 6-8 yrs. of directly related experience in Tier II and Tier III support.
- 5+ years' experience with Windows 7/Server 2008/Server administration/Powershell experience is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of Server and PC hardware and software maintenance.
- Hands-on experience in deploying, organizing and managing Windows Active Directory services.
- Hands-on experience with DNS and DMZ setup/configs.
- Demonstrated experience with Exchange 2013 and 2010.
- Demonstrated experience with Group Policy Management, to include creation of policies, troubleshooting and maintaining.
- Knowledge of SQL 2008 or later.
- Demonstrated experience in installing, configuring and administrating Hyper-V and clustered services.
- Demonstrated experience with maintaining/managing Remote Desktop Services to include broker servers and RemoteApp.
- Hands-on experience with backup and restore software applications, preferred experience with Microsoft DPM.
- Familiar with antivirus and security software (HBSS) and troubleshooting services affected by these software applications.
- Proficient with TCP/IP network protocol, to include a basic understanding of networking components (switches, routers, taclanes, etc.) and infrastructure 18. Hands-on experience supporting additional Microsoft products (Office, Project, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with applying STIGs to systems, applications and components and troubleshooting STIG related issues
- Must possess current Security+ CE Certification (or higer) with appropriate Computer Environment certification in compliance with DOD 8570.01.