Systems Engineering Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
The Senior Network Engineer/Network Engineering Manager directs and coordinates the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of local area networks (LAN)/wide area networks (WAN) within the program and other service providers supporting the Department. Leads a team of network engineers/technicians in designing and managing the LAN infrastructure and any processes related to the LAN.The Senior Network Engineer/Network Engineering Manager is responsible for and provides the following:
- Production support of the network, including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for client networks during assigned work hours.Second-level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.Support for the dispatch of circuit and hardware vendors involved in the resolution process.Support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.Technical leadership in the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networkIntegration, IP management, and monitoring support to provide optimal LAN/WAN connectivity that facilitates the Federal Customer’s SLAs.
- Access with other service providers and vendors to troubleshoot end-to-end performance issues.All requests for network changes within the Department’s locations to ensure the end-user experience impact is minimized.
- Manages the performance of general LAN/MAN/WAN administration
- Manages schedules conversions and cutovers.
- Manages and directs the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) and coordinates with the Department’s Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Supervises maintenance of systems.
- Manages staff and coordinates with all responsible users and sites.
- Primarily supervises Network Engineers.
- Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines.
- Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
- May also perform complex systems development and network design work
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related technical discipline.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Certifications – ITILv3, Security+
- 10 – 15 years of experience. Significant hands-on experience leading and directing LAN/MAN/WAN administration.Experience providing technical leadership in the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks.Experience leading network engineering tasks that support technical assessments, architecture design, and changes to the network infrastructure to meet customer needs, including present and future capacity requirements.Hands-on experience leading and directing 24x7 NOC personnel responsible for monitoring infrastructure events and facilitating restoration of service impacting outages.Significant management experience scheduling conversions and cutovers.Strong knowledge, understanding and experience supervising maintenance of systems.Able to coordinate with all responsible users and sites.Full understanding of Data Center operations and enterprise monitoring.Hands-on experience creating and training employees on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ability to train staff on new processes and technology.Significant hands-on Enterprise Risk Management experience.Ability to work across multi-disciplined teams.Effective written and verbal communications.